About Elizabeth Eckert
Elizabeth Eckert can help you uncover functional and biomechanical challenges that may undermine your best intentions for comfort, ease, and optimal vitality. With an emphasis on creating health, she can work with you to restore underlying physical function and refresh your energy.
Elizabeth’s education includes functional diagnostic nutrition®, hair tissue mineral analysis, energy medicine, neuromuscular therapy, and developmental psychology. She has extensive clinical experience working with pain patients in private practice (Detroit, MI and Minot, ND) and research settings (Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI).
Elizabeth lives in a nearly ideal location in spacious North Dakota, where she offers neuromuscular therapy and functional health coaching, writes, gardens, and plays with her four dogs. She is the author of Word Cures: How to Keep Stupid Excuses from Sabotaging Your Health.
Spotlight on Wellness Images: Hybrid Rasta Mama blog January 3, 2015
Training Disclosure: Credentials for Elizabeth Eckert
• PhD degree in Energy Medicine granted by Holos University, Springfield, MO (2001).
• MA degree in Psychology: Human Development granted by Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (1991).
• BM degree in Music Education and Composition granted by Bowling Green State University, OH (1980).
Functional Nutrition / Health Coaching
• Methylation, MTHFR & Biochemistry Master Course; Mastering Functional Lab Test Analysis; Blood Sugar and Insulin Resistance Master Course with Michael McEvoy (2016-17).
• Nutritional Biochemistry with Dr. Bryan Walsh (2016).
• Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis training with Dr. Rick Malter (2014).
• Functional Diagnostic Nutrition training program with Reed Davis (2014).
• Teaching staff, St. John Neuromuscular Therapy Seminars (1994-2005).
• North Dakota state license to practice massage therapy (2001-present).
• Researcher, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI (1999-2000); investigating St. John Therapy and headaches.
• Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (beginning 1994).
• Neuromuscular therapy certificate; St. John Seminars, Pinellas Park, FL (1994).
• Massage therapy certificate (1000 hr); Health Enrichment Center, Lapeer, MI (1990).
Additional Certificate Programs
• Tellington TTouch for Companion Animals Practitioner I (2017).
• Five courses in medical intuition with Drs. Caroline Myss and C. Norman Shealy (1996-2001).
• Two certificates in Transformational Breathwork; Transformations, Inc, Milwaukee, WI (1999- 2000).
• Eleven courses in applied philosophy of living with the earth with Tom Brown, Jr.’s Tracker School (1994-2000).
• Shodan rank (1st degree black belt) in Koei-Kan Karate-Do (1998) and 3 additional years of study.
Employment and Community
• Western Plains Opera Company 2009-present: board member, Business Manager 2010-2012.
• North Prairie Farmer’s Market – Minot 2007-2013: vendor.
• Minot Area Council of the Arts 2002-2008: board member.
• Michigan Opera Theatre 1980-1990: Production intern, Production Administrator, Director of Productions, Director of Artistic Administration.