About Elizabeth Eckert
Elizabeth Eckert can help you uncover functional and biomechanical challenges that may undermine your best intentions for comfort, ease and optimal vitality. With an emphasis on creating health, she can work with you to restore underlying physical function and refresh your energy.
Elizabeth’s education includes functional diagnostic nutrition®, hair tissue mineral analysis, energy medicine, neuromuscular therapy, and developmental psychology. She has extensive clinical experience working with pain patients in private practice (Detroit, MI and Minot, ND) and research settings (Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI).
Elizabeth lives in a nearly ideal location in spacious North Dakota, where she offers neuromuscular therapy and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® health coaching, writes, gardens, and plays with her four dogs. She is the author of Word Cures: How to Keep Stupid Excuses from Sabotaging Your Health.
Spotlight on Wellness Images: Hybrid Rasta Mama blog January 3, 2015
Training Disclosure: Credentials for Elizabeth Eckert
• PhD degree in Energy Medicine granted by Holos University, Springfield, MO (2001).
• MA degree in Psychology: Human Development granted by Wayne State University, Detroit, MI (1991).
• BM degree in Music Education and Composition granted by Bowling Green State University, OH (1980).
• Teaching staff, St. John Neuromuscular Therapy Seminars (1994-2005).
• North Dakota state license to practice massage therapy (beginning 2001).
• Researcher, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI (1999-2000); investigating St. John Therapy and headaches.
• Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (beginning 1994).
• Neuromuscular therapy certificate; St. John Seminars, Pinellas Park, FL (1994).
• Massage therapy certificate (1000 hr); Health Enrichment Center, Lapeer, MI (1990).
• Completed Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis training program with Dr. Rick Malter (2014).
• Completed Functional Diagnostic Nutrition training program with Reed Davis (2014).
• Completed Angel Therapy Practitioner and Mediumship courses with Dr. Doreen Virtue (2002-2003).
• Completed 5 courses with Drs. Caroline Myss and C. Norman Shealy in medical intuition (1996-2001).
• Completed 2 certificates in Transformational Breathwork; Transformations, Inc, Milwaukee, WI (1999- 2000).
• Completed 11 courses with Tom Brown, Jr. in applied philosophy of living with the earth (1994-2000).
• Shodan rank (1st degree black belt) in Koei-Kan Karate-Do (1998) and 3 additional years of study.
• Michigan Opera Theatre 1980-1990: Production intern, Production administrator, Director of Productions, Director of Artistic Administration